- Educational Services
- Assessment & Accountability
- English Learners
- American Indian Education Program
- Expanded Learning
- K-6 Homeschool
- Professional Learning
- Educational Technology
- Education Protection Account
- Forms & Documents
- Public Notices
- Audit Reports
- Early Literacy Support Block Grant
- Esser III Expenditure Plan
- Educator Effectiveness Block Grant
- Human Resources
- Payroll & Benefits
- Special Education
- Student Services
Mountain Empire School District’s homeschool program for transitional kindergarten (TK) -6th grade families who are interested in a homeschooling program, where the parents are involved in most aspects of the student’s learning and schooling process, and who also want the support of a credentialed teacher for goal-setting, one on one meeting and guidance.
One of the benefit's of a homeschool setting, is the flexibility the schedule provides to students and families.
- Students in grades Tk-3rd grade meet daily virtually with a credentialed teacher for lesson support, goal setting, and guidance.
- Students in grades 4th-6th grade meet weekly virtually with a credentialed teacher for lesson support, goal setting, and guidance.
Highlights of the Program
- FREE and open to students enrolled in the Mountain Empire Unified School District
- Is an alternative instructional program for students enrolled in grades TK-6 to enable them to achieve curriculum and grade level standards in a setting other than the regular in person classroom setting.
- Resources include, but are not limited to: a credentialed teacher, core curriculum, lesson manuals, supplementary course material, manipulatives, and a district issued chromebook.
Teachers are available Monday through Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm at the Mountain Empire District Office. Our teachers are available to physically and remotely support students, monitor and review assignments, discuss areas of concern, and provide parents with feedback and guidance about progress during each learning period
How to Enroll
Steps for enrolling in Mountain Empire Unified's TK-6 Homeschool Program:
- Review the information on this page to understand if the program is right for your family.
- Request enrollment by contacting your student's school of residence.
- If new to Mountain Empire Unified, complete full registration.
- Families will be contacted by Homeschool Program to schedule a Master Agreement meeting to review the Objectives and Conditions of the Program with one of our teachers. If your student has an IEP, an IEP meeting will be required to determine services and program placement prior to enrollment.
Director of Education and Instructional Services
(619) 473-9022 ext. 120
Elementary Homeschool Teacher, TK-6
3291 Buckman Springs Road, Pine Valley, CA 91962