Board of Education
11 months ago
Members of the Board of Education are nominated by their communities and elected by the entire school district for a term of four years.
Among its many responsibilities as the official governing body of the school district, the Board:
- Hears the views of the public
- Sets district policies and goals
- Decides how to prioritize and spend the district's funds
- Keeps in touch with other school boards and government bodies
- Oversees employee relations
- Approves contracts
- Establishes curriculum and standards
Although each board member technically represents the entire school district, schools and members of the public in a particular Community commonly address issues to the board member nominated by that Community. Each board member is listed along with their title and Community they were nominated to represent. However, you may contact any board member for any purpose.